January 23, 2019 Bringing a career of service and experience for the trials and tribulation of our youth is the executive Rod Cunningham. Rod experienced being born to a 15-year-old mother, the early death of his biological father, the physical and emotional abuse of his step-father and a lack of adult male influence that carried from birth to 18-years-old. Rod’s decision to join the Air Force changed his life and provided the opportunity of getting plenty of male influence from men of honor, dignity, and character. Rod retired from the Air Force after 29 years of dedicated service to our country at the rank of Chief Master Sergeant, representing the Top 1% of the USAF’s enlisted corps. After retirement, he joined Pinellas County Urban League as Vice President of Corporate Relations. He is currently the President/CEO of Chief Empowerment Network, LLC where he develops curriculum for summer and year-long youth programs, he consults for the Department of Juvenile Justice, he is a transformational speaker, empowerment coach, and community leader. Authored three books to date:
- CLIMB: Face Your Past, Own Your Future, April 2018
- CLIMB II: Time to SOAR, August 2018
- Top Secrets to Raising Extraordinary Children, October 2018
Member of Multiple Boards:
- Charter Schools USAPinellas County Job Corps-ERES Scholarship Foundation
- Selected by U.S. Congressman Charlie Crist to sit on the Military Service Academy’s Congressional Selection Committee.
Rod and his wife Valerie reside in the beautiful Tampa Bay area. He has three adult children and is happily awaiting the birth of his 10th grandchild.